As I write this post on the first day of the New Year, I’m filled with excitement and optimism. 2011 was a year filled with unfulfilled promises. Fortunately, some major changes mid-year improved the situation dramatically allowing me to both complete over a dozen major projects and to “reset” my business in preparation for the coming year which has now arrived.
I’ve invested in new tools, such as the new MacBook Pro I’m writing this post on, and I’ve realigned my personal and professional strategies to allow me to work faster and more efficiently than ever before. I’ve got a new website coming (it’s almost done!) and I’m launching several new initiatives that I’ll be very excited to share with you in the very near future.
While I’ll be discussing things in greater detail in future posts, I will also be posting much more frequently this year on a variety of topics including the following:
- Social Media &Interactive Marketing
- Tools (app reviews and “How To” posts)
- eBooks (I’ve got several coming out soon)
- Events (speaking and training seminars)
- Writing (both screenwriting and fiction that I’ll be sharing)
- And much more!
I hope you will join me this year, both here and via my social media outlets; Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn and Google+ (which will be a major focus for me in 2012). If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact me. In the meantime, I look forward to seeing, sharing and helping you in 2012 and beyond!
And Happy New Year!
If you arrived here via Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn or any other channel, please skip this post. Members of Beth Am, please continue.
For Members of Temple Beth Am: The Beth Am (Ning) Social Network Invitation email that you recently received only allowed for 200 characters. This post offers a slightly longer explanation.
If you read this weeks’ Temple Topics (http://www.oyrtbetham.org/tt_current.html), you may have noticed an article (page 12) about the new Beth Am Social Network. This site was set up to help bring our community together. On the site, you’ll find tools to create your own blog, post pictures and videos, have discussions, create groups, etc. And all within a safe and secure environment.
To join, visit http://oyrtba.ning.com. Once there, enter your name and an email address (please use the email we have on file at Beth Am), then create a password and provide your birthday (sorry, but Ning requires that). You should receive a confirmation email in about 24 hours.
We hope you will explore and have fun. And please be sure to complete your Profile so everyone can get to know you better.
If you have questions or want to learn more about how to use the site, a free tutorial class is scheduled for Tuesday, January 5 at 7 p.m. in the Temple Beth Torah Chapel. In this class, you will learn how to get around the site, set your privacy settings, create and manage groups (if you have a committee, you should definitely come to learn how to set up a group), and much more. Please bring your laptop & wireless card as we aren’t certain how many people the Beth Am router can handle). The class will be taught by our own Social Media expert and network creator, Neal Wiser. RSVP to nwiser [at] gmail [dot] com (please put “OYRTBA Social Network” in Subject Line).
Neal Wiser & Lisa Wiser
Sign up NOW for Social Media Lab!
When: Thursday, December 3, 2009, 8:30AM-4:30PM
Where: Penn State Great Valley, 30 East Swedesford Road, Malvern, PA 19355
Sign up NOW!
Do you want to engage in social media marketing to build your business? Do you want to get started but you’re not sure where to begin? Do you wish someone would just walk you through the process of building out all your major social networking sites?
Well, help is here! NSA Philadelphia is hosting a full-day Social Media Lab to help professional speakers and small business owners learn how to use social media to build relationships with existing clients AND reach new ones.
The Social Media Lab is a hands-on day of guided implementation that gives you the “how-to” basics for promoting your business through social media – PLUS the “do-it-now” environment where you bring your laptop and get things done (or started!)
Make sure your laptop is loaded with your press releases, your articles, your bio, a good photo, your promotional materials, and other content for use on your new social media sites. With your own Wi-Fi enabled laptop, you’ll roll up your sleeves and build a magnetic online presence in the social media landscape.
Get started with the top social media sites and a solid strategy to make them work for you. Plus walk away with tips and insights from marketing experts and fellow entrepreneurs.
In this accelerated full day program, you’ll build out your profiles AND gain a working knowledge of how to grow your business using:
- LinkedIn – You’ll build a profile, optimize it to raise your findability, and explore LinkedIn’s Groups and Q&A features. You’ll master the ins and outs of promoting your business using this online rolodex and networking tool
- Facebook – create a Profile page for you and a Fan page for your business and discover ways to promote it to your friends and customers that will make them want to come back again and again – and invite their friends into your world
- Twitter – Create a Twitter account and learn to leverage the power of this micro-blogging tool. Tweeting is like text messaging to the world, and it can be a powerful way to communicate directly with your buyers, prospects, and the media
- Blogging – Blogging is one of the most talked about social media tools available. Blogging can have far-reaching implications for your business. Start your blog the right way and get the tools and wisdom to maximize its impact on your business
Don’t miss this chance to “get it done” with social media in a supportive setting with access to the expertise you need to “get it right!”
Just a quick update to new and returning visitors. First, thanks for visiting. Second, new posts will be up within another 2-3 days. Sorry for the delay, but I had some inspiration regarding Twitter that I wanted to get up first.
btw; if you’re looking for any of the posts regarding the topics posted on December 12, they are still coming.
Up Next @ HyperTense:
How and Why to Create a Twitter Following Policy & Guidelines
And remember, comments are welcome.
I just realized how long it’s been since I last posted. Been busy – will deploy my 200th feature in 3 months to comcast.net on Tuesday (12/16)! But I have been writing. Here are the topics of my next few posts (in no particular order).
- The New Social Media Landscape (the future of Social Media)
- How to Reboot a Franchise (Windows vs. Star Trek)
- The New Mass Media Model (the Only Hope for Newspapers)
- Spam Warning (Perhaps the most important post you will ever read)
- Complete my profile on About Me page